The American Dental Association (ADA) has released some new updates for dental offices looking to reopen. At all of our TruBlu Dentistry locations, we are implementing changes based on these newly released updates. At this time, we are proud to announce that we are currently open and accepting all dental cases, including elective procedures.
The ADA recommendations on reducing the transmission of the Coronavirus in a dental setting is the foundation of the changes we must implement. To be able to open at all of our Illinois offices, TruBlu Dentistry is going above and beyond all of the ADA and CDC recommendations regarding minimizing Coronavirus transmission.
We are doing this for our patients and our staff—health and safety must be a priority during this time.
The ADA is recommending that:
- Patients should get screened before entering the dental offices. These screenings include verbal questions and temperature checks. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4°F should get sent home.
- Staff should increase their use of personal protective equipment (PPE). This PPE should get increased when treating patients and changed with every patient.
- High-volume evacuation of aerosols should be used. This measure will help to reduce transmission through air particles.
- After each patient, hand tools should get changed.
- Patients should rinse with a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution.
- Areas of high traffic should be cleaned. These areas include door handles, chairs, counters, and bathrooms.
TruBlu Dentistry’s Coronavirus Initiative
Since the Coronavirus entered the United States, all Americans have had to take protective measures to avoid this virus. TruBlu Dentistry has established its own initiative to combat the virus within its offices.
What to Expect in Our Offices
Things may look a little different when you visit our offices. In our waiting room, we have removed all non-essential items. These items include magazines and toys, which are touched by patients and hard to sanitize.
Cleaning and Protection
As a part of our promise, we are disinfecting our offices. Cleaning is being done hourly. We are doing this in our waiting rooms, bathrooms, and other shared spaces. Staff is also using disinfectant wipes on all hard surfaces like doorknobs. Hand sanitizer will be available to anyone in the office. We are encouraging good hand hygiene practices.
The first point of entry will include a screening which will assess Coronavirus exposure. These questions will be about travel or being around those who are sick.
One of our staff members will then take your temperature. If you have a temperature of 100.4°F or higher, we will reschedule your appointment.
Staff scrubs will be changed on-site. We will no longer allow our staff members to come in with their scrubs on. Doing this reduces outside exposure inside our offices.
Personal protective equipment will be changed between patients. Changing PPE regularly helps reduce Coronavirus transmission.
TruBlu Dentistry is Ready to Serve You
All three of our offices are now accepting appointments. We hope that you will join us in this effort to stay safe. We thank you for your cooperation while we make these changes in our offices. We understand that this has not been an easy time, but as a community, we are creating healthier environments.
At TruBlu Dentistry, we are making health our top priority. We hope to see you soon.